Why yes...here's another blog entry written by me again. I realize I'm long over due...so let's get to the latest news happening around this part of the world.
(1) I am fast into my second month of my new job back in my hometown. I'm enjoying the job overall...I sometimes wonder if I should just do certain things rather than clear the things I do with my manager...or at least on some issues. Case in point...an employee needed to have her license key validated for Outlook 2010. The originally installed key was not recognized and her Outlook license was going to expire in two days. Since she already had the client installed on her PC you could enter the license key but the application wanted to take her into a wizard for the installation of the software. Since she already had the software, I didn't want to proceed further and cause her folders and archived emails in folders to disappear. So I did ask my boss and he said it was okay to proceed. She is an assistant manager and while I want to do the right thing for her, I was a little concerned this might give her difficulties. So I waited to be sure I had the blessings of my direct manager which I did. So today, I will proceed further. I guess in a few instances I want reassurance what I do won't make something worse. But again overall I enjoy the job. I work 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday so I'm about caught up in my good sleeping pattern. But that's another snippett.
(2) Work is 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday. I work through my lunch and eat at my desk and I enjoy that schedule. I could go in to work earlier at say 1:00 or 1:30 p.m. to have a full hour lunch or thirty minute lunch but I overall enjoy working right thru lunch. Gives me more time to do what I want to do in the morning. So basically I get up by around 7 a.m. weekday mornings and go for exercise for an hour to an hour and a half. Then I go home and shower and relax and prepare lunch for the day ahead. Then I have time to do other things (except blogging) but I'm putting it on a schedule...I really am!! I can buy groceries, go out with my mom to lunch and shopping and still have time to zip home, grab a fast shower and dash off to work. I like it also because it does give me some time to relax in the morning and in the late afternoon early evening work is at a more relaxed pace. If given a choice to work during the day time Monday to Friday I'd probably choose it over evening hours, but for now it's a job and I'm happy to be at work.
(3) My oldest sister is working on a photo book for my mom's upcoming September birthday. She will be age 80 and it seems like time has just flown by. Looking back, my mom and I have had a lot of good quality time together and I will certainly enjoy that time when I look back in my later years. She was always enjoyable to go out with but at times she can talk passive aggressive or apologetic toward one thing or another that she feels she is doing right or wrong but I have to remind her to stop talking like that because she has no reason to do so. Other than that I enjoy our visits together before work or on the weekend when I stop by to see her.
(4) My dad currently has a pacemaker but is scheduled by his doctor to have some sort of addition to help the heart flow the blood better in his body. So we'll see how that goes. His appointment is scheduled for the middle of August and will require him to be in the hospital for a couple of days before the surgery and afterward. The hospital is also quite far from where my parents live so I invited my mom to stay at my apartment during that time. It's anyone's guess if she will take me up on the offer but I hope she knows she's welcome to stop by and stay the night.
(5) I'm thinking about making some thai cashew chicken in the next week or two. Anyone out there have a good recipe for it? I would like it to taste good and not have any use of MSG. I had some amazing thai food when I was working for my company in a previous job up in Reston, Virginia and I'd really enjoy copying that flavor if at all possible.
(6) I successfully burned out a fuse that connects my car radio and clock together on my Toyota. I researched where the fuse box was located and it's under the steering wheel almost too tiny and far away for my bigger framed body and hands. But I'll work on it this weekend. It can't be that bad. I miss my radio to listen to my CD music and NPR. I do have that at home so life isn't all bad.
(7) It's been about two months since I cut ties with my former friend for what I deemed his unrealistic views on gay equality. I feel at times I probably could have handled this better by saying I didn't agree with him and I could have confronted him to say since he's know he's been gay for 30 years that it shouldn't take that length of time to decide on whether you feel you as a gay person deserve equal protection and treatment in the eyes of the law. But I decided not to. He doesn't like to be told how he should think...rather he claims to want to let him develop an opinion and act upon it. Looking back, I think I should have just quietly let his friendship wane without handling it the way I did with emails and phone calls. I do wonder how he is doing...I do know he does have three other gay male friends who feel exactly like he does...gays deserve no marriage equality under the law...so it's not like he won't be without good company (I use that term loosely) of fellow gay people friends who don't like gay marriage equality. I guess I was sort of an odd lot for him...I was someone who did believe in marriage equality. He actually in his efforts to try and find other people to date befriended two of my friends from my Facebook account only to later defriend both of them because he felt they were far too politically active in their views to be friends with them. There's a fine line I say...a very thin fine line...and one other quote from Maya Angelou I really like...“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
I guess that's all for now...I'm off to check in on my regular reads and post a few entries on the job scams.
Have a good week ahead and weekend...and as Garrison Keiler says, "Do good work, and keep in touch..."
Be well...and be happy!!